Venue: The Auditorium, Level 21, One Marina Boulevard
The TPP, led by the US (http://www.ustr.gov/tpp), is the latest and among the most ambitious regional trade treaties under negotiation involving 11 Pacific Rim countries, including Japan but excluding China.
For that reason critics have dubbed it as the “anyone but China” treaty. From another perspective, Mr Pascal Lamy, the DG of the WTO, has questioned the role of bilateral and regional trade agreements on the grounds they can easily throw up a new set of NTBs to trade which will undermine WTO-multilateral trade talks. (http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/754fcf02-ef7c-11e2-8229-00144feabdc0.html)
This roundtable forum will view these issues from different perspectives and in a balanced way. Invited are the Asia Internet Coalition, the Asia Cloud Computing Association and others. The outcome of the TPP talks could have profound implications for the future of regional trade and commerce for the ICT sector and the role of the Internet.
Come and join the discussion, also put your questions to the panel of speakers!
The panelists include:
- Mr. Justin Lee, Senior Manager, International Division, Infocomm Development Authority (IDA)
- Mr. Steven Liew, Associate General Counsel & Head of Government Relations – Asia Pacific, eBay Inc; speaking in his capacity as Chairman of Asia Internet Coalition
- Mr. Bernie Trudel, Cloud Chief Technology Officer for Asia Pacific, Cisco; speaking in his capacity as Chairman of the Asia Cloud Computing Association
- Mr. Darryn Lim, Director, Trade & Innovation Policy, Microsoft
- Mr. Rob Bratby, Managing Partner, Olswang Asia
- Mr. Harish Pillay, President of the Internet Society (Singapore Chapter)