TRPC is a boutique consulting and research firm based in Singapore. We specialize in advisory, research, and training services, with a focus on industry regulatory and strategic business issues.
With over 25 years’ experience in the Asia-Pacific, we possess an extensive network of industry experts and professionals throughout the region. Past clients include multi-national private sector companies, government bodies, and international development agencies.
Our most recent work covers a range of up-and-coming areas such as broadband wireless access, mobile banking, mobile payments, and cloud computing, among other things.
Currently we are looking for:
The Role: Senior Research Analyst – Tech and ICT public policy, Asia Pacific
The Senior Research Analyst will be managing and contributing to research and publication development. This is a position that encompasses both research (in particular, work with ICT for development research) and overall project management and related event execution.
- Contribute to research publications developed by TRPC
- Define/design research objectives, methodology, hypothesis, and questionnaires
- Apply a variety of research techniques to gather relevant information, including desktop research, document analysis, surveys, case studies, and interviews
- Analyse and interpret qualitative or quantitative data and visually represent findings
- Provide leadership on projects including:
- Preparation of proposals for research projects being applied for
- Supporting end-to-end execution of research projects
- Following up on consulting opportunities, developing and writing opinion editorials and short articles etc.
- Plan and execute client events including local and regional forums, policy roundtables, and other events hosted jointly with third party organisations
- Draft agendas
- Schedule meetings
- Manage event logistics
- Coordinate and implement both online and offline outreach and support programs in the region
- Managing website and social media content
- Liaising with external parties, partners, and media
- Managing contact databases
- Create press releases, proposals, project reports, and client facing presentations
- Lead 1-2 individual research projects at a time
- Troubleshoot to ensure the smooth progress of all projects
- Observe and assist with the logistics of all projects, including meetings, project updates, product handling, data processing, data analysis briefings, and debrief planning
- Promote and monitor the implementation of recommended project management and analysis approaches throughout the research team
- Conduct post-mortems of projects to identify organisational and project efficiency improvements
- Review outstanding proposals to foresee and plan workload levels
- Comfortable working independently in a low-structure environment
- Self-motivated and takes pride in doing an excellent job
- Strong sense of discipline, responsibility, and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Must be capable of setting priorities and working under pressure
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to manage teams and conduct team meetings
- Strong interest in knowledge development and dissemination
- Able to rapidly absorb a wide range of complex business and policy related issues