3 July 2013, 3.30-6pm @ Room #15, Microsoft Singapore Level 22, One Marina Blvd, Singapore 018989
The Enterprise Use of Social Media
The enterprise use of social media started as just another marketing channel and has turned into the place for Big Data analytics. A key to understanding social media engagement is to explore the possible methods of measuring the cost-benefits associated with the different types and levels of enterprise-level engagement. In this forum, we identify and argue the importance of identifying and understanding key local social media in Asia Pacific, and profile some success stories of companies using them.
The forum features speakers with direct experience of using social media for sales and marketing and customer engagement and will explore the promise and the limits of Big Data and some of assumptions behind it.
Is social media more a channel for fast moving consumer goods and for opinion-forming or can it really be a tool for wider enterprise management? What are the leading approaches to analysing data which give the most meaningful and useful insights (commercially and otherwise). What in practice are the tools companies use to do market analytics and do they work? What are the practical issues facing Big Data work? Come and put your questions to the panel of speakers!
The panelists include:
- Mr. Ken Chia, Partner, Baker & McKenzie (Singapore) – Social Media: Opportunities and Constraints in Southeast Asian Market
- The above Baker & McKenzie's thought leadership paper is available to download at http://is.gd/acLybU
- Dr. Peter Lovelock, Director of TPRC – Social Media: The Southeast Asian Opportunities
- Mr. Andrew Pickup, Senior Director for Communications, Microsoft Asia Pacific – Marketing Is Dead: Welcome To “Customer-Participation” Era.
- Mr. Steven Kalifowitz, Group Director R/GA (Panel Chair)
- Mr. Bob Fox, Chair ICT – EuroCham Singapore, former Regional Director (APAC) Pursway Ltd. – The Truth Within; What are you looking for?
- Mr Julian Lim, AVP, Group Corporate Communications (Social Media), OCBC – Teaching A Fish To Climb A Tree: What’s A Bank Doing On Social Media?
- Please email Mr. Julian Lim at email@example.com for information on the presentation.
To receive a copy of the briefing paper please register online (see below) or with Linh (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by attendance on the day.
[Download the event flyer: TRPC Forum: Social Media]